PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Buying English novels where?
    Thanks

Buying English novels where?

I love to read, it helps pass the time on long journeys, but I have not found any English novels in any bookshops where I live (Rama 2). Where can I go to get books from that are relatively cheap? Dare I mention Khaosarn Road?

Many thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    If you are talking about new books then just go to any branch of Asia Books. The largest book stores in Thailand (with thousands of English books) can be found in the new Siam Paragon shopping mall. Easy access from Siam Square sky train station.

http://www.bangkokguidebook.com/books/book_stores.php

Thanks

2nd hand english books

Absolutely, the Khao Sarn Road area probably has the best selection of second hand books in Bangkok, but they don't come cheap.

The Chatuchak Weekend Market also has a wide range too.

There is a decent second hand English (other languages also) book store just opposite Emporium on Sukhimvit Road but i forget the name.

Personally, i buy most of my second hand books at Thai second hand bookstores. Most of these places have a small English collection and they sell them off relatively cheapily. You will have to ask around though to find out where they are.

There are lots of second hand book stalls scattered around the capital where again, the prices are far more reasonable than say.... Khao Sarn. Bargains are to be hard if you know where to look.
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thread Information