PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Within 30 meters of HRH The King!!!
    Thanks

talking Within 30 meters of HRH The King!!!

This afternoon on the was back from Hua Hin I started to notice a lot of highway patrolmen standing on the side of the road of the southbound carraigeway every 150-200 meters.
    I thought that there must have been some kind of traffic violation crackdown going on but there were just so many. In some places they were 50 meters apart, at other places they were about 300 meters apart, but they were all standing on the side of the road looking back towards Bangkok, and talking on their walkie talkies.
    After about 30 minutes the oncoming traffic ceased and only the occassional patrolcar passed. Then a number of patrolbikes and patrolcars sped down the highway followed by a golden Rolls Royce flying the Royal standard along with the Thai flag. (I think it was a Rolls Royce- it could have been a Bentley or something but it was definately sparkling golden and was in that class of car).
    And to tell the truth I couldn't see who was inside, if it was HRH the King or another member of the family, but I'm pretty sure it was someone from the Royal Family. They must have been on their way to the summer palace in Hua Hin.

Wow! how lucky am I? What a sighting! A lot closer than many people have been to the King!
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks
    When I met the Crown Prince of Thailand in 2002, he was travelling in Cream Colour or you could say a pale Gold 1950's early 60's style Rolls Royce Phantom Limousine, I wonder if this was the same car.

Thanks
    When I met him for coffee last time, he was driving a black XK 150 Jaguar with wide band white wall tires.. and it was a late 1950s model.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome
    This afternoon on the was back from Hua Hin I started to notice a lot of highway patrolmen standing on the side of the road of the southbound carraigeway every 150-200 meters.
    I thought that there must have been some kind of traffic violation crackdown going on but there were just so many. In some places they were 50 meters apart, at other places they were about 300 meters apart, but they were all standing on the side of the road looking back towards Bangkok, and talking on their walkie talkies.
    The first time I was in Pattaya I saw a similar thing. We were coming out of Pattaya and wanted to turn on to the road that runs south to Sattahip. We were the first car to be stopped at the junction and after about 15 minutes a convoy passed containing 4 or 5 large identical black cars. I was told by my friends father that was driving us that one of the cars contained the King returning from a visit to the Naval Dockyard at Sattahip.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks
    You threw me Jerome, I thought you were talking about Paul for a moment!

Thread Information