Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thai Cooking Videos: FREE downloads

Here is our first attempt at making a cooking video. What you will see is the step by step cooking by a real vendor of stir-fried noodles. The video comes with captions. There might be a few mistakes so feel free to post comments and suggestions on this first draft.

http://www.enjoythaifood.com/videos

It is a big file at 17 MB. But, if you have broadband it won't take long to download.

If people like this idea we can share with you our other cooking videos.

Thanks
    "Paddling is optional" 5555555

Great work! I really enjoyed the subtitles both in the narative sense and the informative sense. It downloaded in 11 seconds for me in the USA with a cable connection.

Thanks
    Really nice !!!
    Comments. Sound-is there a way to filter out back ground noise?
    Red and white box with captions, a little difficult
    to read sometimes.
    Maybe a narration.

Interesting to see the process and how everything is organised ,ready to add in the proper order.

Like the nearness of the sink .

Picture quality is good. maybe a zoom in sometimes to the pot.

Thanks
    I thought it was easy on the eyes? Maybe a grayscale would better? I wasn't a fan of the sound, but this is the first. Possibly some instrumental mp3 could replace the audio? Classical Thai music aka restuarant music? Maybe Boyd, I dig his music, it is often just piano only tracks of hit pop music with a slower tempo.

The scrolling credits was awesome no question on that!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for your comments. They are useful at this stage before we start on the other videos.

It downloaded in 11 seconds for me - Maybe we should make available a better definition video so people can play full screen - but this would be 90 mb
    Sound-is there a way to filter out back ground noise? - I am sure we can delete the background sound. Adding music is also OK but will make the process of making the video longer as we would have to choose a song!
    Red and white box with captions, a little difficult to read sometimes - true and so maybe we will try grey
    Maybe a narration - I doubt it
    maybe a zoom in sometimes to the pot - the video has already been shot so a little too late for this one. On another video where we did zoom more, the problem was that we often missed which jar/bowl she got the ingredients from. So we didn't always know what she put in. so we decided best to go for wide shot.

We will play with some more videos soon. Keep the feedback coming. We already have about ten videos waiting to be processed.

Thanks
    Just curious, was she told that the video was being shot for this?
    Yes, the cooking process went fast. I noticed the noodles were a little cooked before adding to the pot.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    She probably didn't as we were up on the bank and she was down in the water. I had to zoom in. Plus, the camera I use for video is a small one and it looks like I am taking pictures rather than video.

I think the main purpose of showing these videos is for you to see the process they go through in order to cook the food. It is not meant to be a cooking show video with close ups for each step. This is a live event. I wanted to show you the order they put the ingredients in the pot and also how long they cook them for at each step.

I have never seen pad thai cooked in this way or in that order. So, I think it is a good idea if I do pad thai at a couple of other places too.

The ingredient I identified at the start as "peanuts" was wrong. I have just seen a still photo I took and a close scrutiny reveals that they are soy beans. There is also a small jar of something that I guessed at being "pepper". I am not so sure now. I will try and post the picture later.

I am not sure if it is right to say the noodles were pre-cooked by her. They were a little stiff which is normal for this type of noodles.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    OK, the "pepper" turns out to be a dash of MSG.

I will try and get a new version of the video done tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The pad thai video has been updated. The subtitles now have a black background. The mistakes have been corrected with ingredients. The original sound has been muted. Classical music has been added.

please enjoy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The second video is now available. This one is for som tam. Download here:

Enjoy!

Thread Information