Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

panic thai driving license

i tried for driving license test two weeks ago. i hate for being a loser. I failed in computer-based theory exam. Do u know why? the lecture is given in thai. it's ok for me to follow as i have intermediate level of thai language. but once they notice me as farang, they come and give me a english book about signs. so i thought lecture and book is exactly the same. so i kept on reading the book to make sure i memorize everything. but the lecture is much more than road signs. it's about traffic police, minimum speed limit of bangkok, about toll way. so no suprise, in the exam, as i have got no knowledge about that i failed. anyone know how to get that knowledge? coz i can't get translator during this weeks.

Thanks
    Perhaps you failed because you didn't attempt to pass another car on a blind curve. Or maybe you didn't speed up the wrong side of the road directly into oncoming traffic only to swerve back at the last possible moment.
    Another critical factor which I believe is strictly tested is the flashing of your headlights onto high beam so that it blinds the driver in front of you.
    With a little practice I'm sure you will soon be able to build up your skills to this level. Practice makes perfect.
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks
    Ouch. For a good half minute I couldn't stop laughing Jerome.

If you had proficient enough reading skills to understand all the questions, you should just ask them if they have a study book, or google it. Please post results if you find a source.

Thanks
    Ouch. For a good half minute I couldn't stop laughing Jerome.
    yes, i failed in computer-based theory test, i haven't taken practical test yet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Practical is easy. I saw them doing it. You just drive to the other end of the parking lot. Turn around and come back!

If you have a license from your home country you shouldn't need to do any test. I didn't. I now have a five year Thai license.

Thanks

I looked for it in english and found nothing, but here is Thai

http://www.khiansapolice.com/e-learning/learn/randQ.php

Hope that helps.

I had an un expired USA license and they made me take the car/pickup and the m/c test and driving test both.. so same as anything else, just how ever they want to do it,, I now have the 5 year too.

Thanks
    Richard, FinPhetch,

How much was the licence?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I honestly cannot remember as it was a few years back. But I am sure it was only a few hundred.

Thanks
    my wife said 200 each.. car and m/c plus pix and 30 baht for the med cert.

Thanks
    our daughter got hers last year,,I sure dont remember what mine was,,and I never pay much attn. anyway..

Thread Information