PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Glbt issues

Thread: Glbt issues

eucalyptusraven Guest
    How open is Thailand to the gay, lesbian, and transgendered? What have been the experiences of gays in Thailand? Is the environment receptive and have you been able to connect with healthy communities and find support? Curious...

-eucalyptusraven

Thanks
    I think they are rather open to it, more so than a lot of the Westernized countries. I have encountered the above-mentioned at malls, restaurants, discos and on the streets and they don't seem to draw weird stares or attract special attention. I guess, it's fine there

eucalyptusraven Guest
    whoops

eucalyptusraven Guest
    whoops

eucalyptusraven Guest
    Thanks Makiy0! It is very true that many are unaccepting in the West.

-eucalyptusraven

clint Guest
    The Thai will not show how they feel but the are the same as the West. If you keep it low key then no problem.

Thanks
    clint has a good point there. There's lot of "bad talking behind the backs here" concering gayty or lesbianism as with many other things while in front of people these things may not be said as bluntly. We've had a lot of talk about racism back in Europe but I think mainly your average Thai or Chinese is just the same, if not worse. It's only that it's become a politically incorrect thing to talk about these things in Europe whereas it hasn't in Asia. Don't get me wrong I've been in Asia since -86 and still love it. . I can still remember how my Chinese friends (following the official party line) claimed that there is no homosexualism in China while still critizising some other things the governement said. Human nature, I suppose.

eucalyptusraven Guest
    thanks clint and bamboo grove for your comments. i think i read something elsewhere on these boards about "the east" keeping a cooler exterior concerning emotion than "the west", and this is certainly true even in my own family. that's interesting that it hasn't yet become politically incorrect in Asia to address gays and lesbians. i guess this is how "talking behind the back" occurs.

-eucalyptusraven

Thread Information