PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Huge farang commit suicide in central Bangkok
    Thanks

Huge farang commit suicide in central Bangkok

Read an interesting news on Bangkok Post the other day... a huge (tall and heavy) farang was found hanging dead right in the middle of Central Bangkok. I think on a huge signboard or something....
    Whats interesting is how the article wrote it as, "police found no foul play cos this is NORMALLY how farang commit suicide".
    I didn't know farangs have the habit of hanging themselves in the middle of the street.... Is it jus me, OR..... ????

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yes, I saw that and thought it strange. But, I think the policeman was talking about the fact that the guy was found with a plastic bag over his head.

this is NORMALLY how farang commit suicide
    When I first read it quickly, the plastic bag bit over the head made it sound like a murder. But, the policeman's words now reassure me that the guy must have killed himself. Like those other "suicides" in Pattaya where the dead person is found with his hands tied behind his back.The policemen there told reporters that it looked like a suicide.

Later that day, I saw the Thai version of this story. As usual, they had a picture of the dead person in colour on their front page. Still hanging. (Note to farang who have a dicky heart and want to have relationship with a local woman. If you die in the middle of your bedroom activities, be aware that a full colour picture of your dead naked body WILL appear on the front page of the national newspapers. Your full name, age, and nationality will also be printed in the caption.)

Now I think I know why it is "normal" for foreigners to kill themselves in this manner. They know that their body will remain hanging there for many hours while every reporter, and passerby with camera, can take many pictures . At least the plastic bag will give them some dignity in death.

Thanks
    *LOL* I love ur reply!

Now I read the other time... few months ago... I think it was in Kanchanaburi province... or Pattaya??? Anyway, as accounted by the local police, for no reason near a telephone booth, a sudden crazed farang tried to snatch his gun, and they put on a fight.... and of cos, the highly trained local police snatched back his gun and shoot the crazy farang few times on his back.... well, unfortunetly the crazy farang was dead on the spot but at least they don't have to waste the nation's fund in supporting a crazy farang in their local mental hospital.

:p

Thanks
    Commited suicide by first tying his hands together behind his back, then placing a bag over his head? When was that Richard? Seems some "suicides" just might be easier not to dig too far.

Sort of on-topic... I've seen (in the media) an aweful lot of Thai building-jumpers recently. Is this the "normal" Thai suicide?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    When I was in Pattaya last year (doing research for thai blogs), I happened to come across the Pattaya Mail. The stories in there are so unbelievable. There are foreigners dropping dead left right and center. Here are a few headlines from this week's edition:

* Beach Road prostitute kills American tourist for refusing proposition
    * Elderly man jumps to death from 13th floor
    * Service lady dies in the act
    * Drunk German gets trashed

DON'T go to Pattaya!

Thanks
    I remember when the guy tied his hands behind his back and commited suicide, seems that is a nice way, altho hard to explain, and it seems that jumping out of high windows is another favorite way for farang, even if the window is closed when jumping out.

Thanks
    If i didn't know better, i'll thought that i'm reading "Ridley Believe It Or Not" news letters instead of The Bangkok Post or The Nation sometimes. :p

Thread Information