PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Farang Women in Thailand
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Farang Women in Thailand

I'd like to hear stories from any Farang Women out there. There seem to be very few, and I'm not sure why. How many Farang women post regularly to these boards?

What experiences have some female expats had? I've lived in Thailand in several different provinces, several different times and worked at dozens of schools. Through all of those experiences, I've only met four farang women expats (or expat wannabes)!

Thanks
    I met 1 Italian lady once... in Khaosarn... I think she's suppose to stay for 3 months or something.... looking for a job in teaching.... nice... i admire their courage and adventurous spirit.

Thanks
    I'm one of those lady expat wannabes, single, and on my own....
    I guess farang men tend to stick around longer because it is very easy for them to start a (romantic) relationship..... a woman like me is just completely stuck in this respect. there seem to be much fewer prospects for the future.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Betti
    I'm one of those lady expat wannabes, single, and on my own....
    I guess farang men tend to stick around longer because it is very easy for them to start a (romantic) relationship..... a woman like me is just completely stuck in this respect. there seem to be much fewer prospects for the future.
    nah sorn sarn loey. :p
    Is the dating scene for single white ladies really that bad in Thailand? :p

Thanks

And the romantic involvements are not the only reason men stick around

Some like it here a lot better than colder more expensive places that we come from.

Granted that romance is maybe a plus, but not the reason I am here, or will stay here, I am perfectly able to take care of my self and there are folks around to keep most of us from getting lonely and bored.

First thing is to be happy where you are.

Thanks

here is one reason they have it so hard.

Thanks
    that's not me

I don't want to turn this into yet another thread discussing farang men's motives in marrying Thai women, but I think it is a key in this issue. for some reason these relationships come more naturally and more easily than the other way round - including of course lots of honest relationships based on love and emotions instead of something not so agreeable, and it might be an important reason why there aren't as many farang women around. in fact, I have seen lots of farang couples doing all sorts of business or staying long-term, but I can only recall four or five farang ladies who married Thai men.

Thanks
    I agree with you Betti... I didn't mean to start something up here to bash Farang men or talk about what they do or don't do in Thailand... I want to hear from the women.

What unique experiences have you had? Why aren't there more of us?

I had a lot of learning to do when I first arrived at the age of 17. A 17 year old American woman is A LOT different than a 17 year old Thai woman from Trang. I couldn't go down the street by myself. I tried once, but quickly several neighbors decided to go walking, too and joined me. It was very hard for me to know why I shouldn't straddle the motorbike and was shocked that I was supposed to ride side saddle. Okay...not shocked...I was terrified to ride side saddle! These differences have continued on through age and it has been the most fun to figure out the differences between Karen, the American and Pailin, the Thai...and understanding that they are the same person!

BTW.....Now I've got the hang of side saddle -- it's much more comfortable!

Thanks
    ok... I confess I'm one of those female farangs. Though not an expat - I've lived in Thailand for seven months (only). At the moment I can't even consider myself a farang... back in Europe no one stares at me the way Thais do Maybe I'll be back some day...
    I lived in a family and I was "looked after" as if I were a child, I guess partly because the kids in the family were 11 and 16. It was difficult in the beginning, but when I tried to accept it as it was, it got better every day. Some days I woke up and felt like a child again. But in the end they even let me go jogging in the park all alone (the park was about two minutes walking distance from the house... )
    life is wonderful!

Thanks
    Well ,I am not a farang female;but male. I was reading through these posts and wanted to add about men.
    Sometimes the most beautiful woman might have a hard time getting a date.
    The main reason being , (in a man's mind) . Oh, she is too beautiful and is out of my reach. In other words , the men just might be thinking that they would not have a chance and would be rejected.

Also, the way a person presents or carries themself. Culturally or impressionably, a woman or man might appear to obstrusive or bossy.

Thread Information