PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Jatujak Closure?
    Thanks

Jatujak Closure?

Anyone heard of that the Jatujak weekend market is closing soon for some reason?
    I heard from few ppl that it is closing in March.
    Is it true?

Rgds/Sky

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skydiver
    Anyone heard of that the Jatujak weekend market is closing soon for some reason?
    I heard from few ppl that it is closing in March.
    Is it true?
    Rgds/Sky
    nope, didn't hear of it ...

Thanks
    I have never heard about it either so did a google seach and some how there is a rumour about this in internet for few months.

It seems impossible, the place is massive, where all the vendors gonna go? I remember there used to be a rumour that it will refurbish and made it into air-conditioned market or something, that was few years ago.

Anyway, from google seach, according to one message (as this is only infomation from a discussion forum so I have no idea whether it is a fact or not), at Chatuchak there is a technical lease issue going on between the Bangkok Metropolitan Authority (who lease the land and run the market) and the State Railway of Thailand. It is about who gets what share of the income from renting out the stalls, not about closing or redeveloping the market.

Also there is a news about the closing down of Suan Lum night market which on the other hand, has been heading for closure and redevelopment for some time. Some sources suggests that there is some conflict between developers (who would like it to close in Feb) and management (who would like to run it for another year). There may well be some compromise causing the market to shrink as part of the site gets developed. This article was in Feb but I think the market still open (I am not in Bangkok to say that but I think it still is).

Thanks
    Yes, i think Suan Lum night bazaar will be close.
    As they are going to redeveloped the place.

tuktukman Guest
    So its suan lum will be closed or already closed..?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tuktukman
    So its suan lum will be closed or already closed..?
    Old news stories said that the Crown Property Bureau (http://www.crownproperty.or.th/) was taking bids or proposals in May 2005 to redevelop the property starting in 2007, after the lease to the current operators runs out some time in 2006.

According to at least one recent story, the bazaar might be open for a while: The finals of the 2006 Miss Thailand World pageant are set for August 5 at BEC Tero Hall in Bangkok’s Suan Lum Night Bazaar. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/arou...0516/index.php

Thanks
    They were due to close Suan Lum this year because we thought we wouldn't be able to take my GF parents to the puppet theatre, then it had a stay of execution for another year so it is due now to close in April2007.
    Much lamented, how many more malls does BKK need? In fact I might start that as thread...

Thanks
    As regards JJ market there are more rumours of that closing than whether Wayne Ronney will play in the World Cup

tuktukman Guest
    ok.phew! its not closed yet.

Thread Information