PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Help identify things new to me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Help identify things new to me

This may be a strange request for this forum, yet someone may find it interesting and challenging.
    I have come accross a snake and a mushroom here in Thailand that I have never seen before. the snake was in North Thailand, near Soppong, and the mushroom was in South Thailand near Hua Hin. Any biologists out there?
    I am especially concerned about the snake since it was in my garden, wonder if it is poisonous? And is the mushroom edible, psychodelic??
    Here are some pictures:

Hope these images come up alright, let me know if there is a problem.
    Thanks, albert

Thanks
    The snake is a BUNGARUS [kraits] and they are poison, there is 3 different kraits in Thailand and all are very poisonous.
    As to the mushrooms, I have never seen any like those, but I sure wouldn't eat em.

Thanks
    Are you planning to hunt the snake down now? Maybe you should simply call a snake catcher who will put it somewhere else?
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thanks
    or take that thing that Thai use to dig ditches and holes,,look like a hoe, and whack it right behind the head, than take your hoe and dig a hole and bury the head..Thousand folks a year here die of snake bite.
    look here in link and first pic

http://www.siam-info.de/english/snakes_poisonous.html

Thanks
    Thanks for that, I think. I'll watch out for "her"

Naja kaouthia (Monocled Cobra)
    Thai: ngoo how thai

Size: to 230 cm

Occurrence:
    In completely Thailand, particularly frequently in the area of Supanburi. She is often to be found in rice fields. It holds up itself in addition, in Villages, and even in the middle in Bangkok.

Behavior:
    Dawn and night-actively, aggressively. When threating they straight up and spit.

Note: Represent in many color variants from lightbeige to very darkly.
    ไมค์

Thanks
    That is the freakiest looking mushroom I have ever seen. (Not that I have seen a lot of mushrooms or anything.)
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks
    Usually a mushroom that is very pretty or colorful is deadly poison, I have seen some in the Rocky Mountains that were pretty and looked like they were good to eat because of the meatyness of them, but deer or other animals never ate them, and I checked and they were of the DEATH ANGEL species.

Thanks
    The Snake link was interesting.Several years ago whilst in Phuket when we were climbing up to the top of one of the waterfalls,I came within a couple of feet of a snake.
    At the time I kept calm and carried on past it,I did not tell my wife as she would have panicked.Thankfully the snake did not pay any attention to me at all.Having looked at the link,it seems to have been a Coral snake.

Thanks
    the mushroom may in fact be a toadstool and there for be very dangerous if eaten, so keep the small children away that may be tempted to put it in there mouths when being attracted by the bright colour.

Thanks
    What's the difference between mushrooms and toadstools?

Essentially they're the same thing, except that usually toadstools are thought of as poisonous mushrooms. The word "toadstool" is used only in a very informal and vague sense, so we'll not use it again.

Thread Information