PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
holiday

Thread: holiday

perkash Guest

holiday

Hello,

My family and i will visit thailand this year in July.
    Our children's are girl 13 year, boys are 12 year and 8 year.
    We are 36 year and 45 year.
    With pleasure we would like to come in contact whit, a thai family, with kinds.
    That also can speak a little englis.
    We think it would be delightful to get in touch with them.
    We also are looking for some one who like to accompany us to help watch, take care
    of our childern when we're out.

Kind regards,

Perkash.

Thanks
    Hi. First of all, sorry my family and I cannot help you spend time with you in July as I am getting married then. :-) So many of my family and friends are visiting Thailand for the first time then and I will be busy showing them around.

I have been trying to think of another family for you but so far I haven't got anyone. But I do have another offer.

Currently, each year I organise homestays and volunteer work for Australian volunteers coming to stay in Thailand for 3 months. This is just a small job I do once per year, but I very much enjoy it as it helps the Thai communities and is a great experience for the volunteers.

For a while I have been wondering if I could organise more homestays for other people. If you have read many articles in this website, you'll see Thai culture away from the tourist areas is very nice. So much happiness and fun. I would like to help people see that.

Just a few days ago some friends of mine who are monks (they are originally from Laos, but have been living in Thailand as monks since childhood) asked me to help them look for a job. Soon they are going to stop being monks after about 20 years of that life. They speak very good English and have helped me with the volunteers before.

I also have friends and relatives in many parts of Thailand.

Would you be interested in perhaps visiting some of these places and doing homestays. Many of the homes have children. Not all, but all the villages are very friendly and there are always children around. If my 2 monk friends are free (although first I want them to come to my wedding), perhaps they can travel with you for some of your trip and help you out.

Would this be interesting for you? You would meet very nice people and see normal and real Thai culture. There are so many interesing areas to visit. For example, currently my monk friends are doing projects in the North of Thailand. Previously I sent one volunteer to live in a small Karen village that had never had a Westerner in it prior to that.

If you like this idea, please let me know. You can email also at paul_garrioch@yahoo.com I would need you to pay some money to the homes you would stay in so as to cover their costs and also if some of my friends travel with you if you could please pay them some wages. Sorry to ask for that, but these are generally poor people that couldn't afford to travel otherwise. But I think for you, this will be cheap, as you will be staying in homes more than hotels and being shown where to eat local food and travel on local transport.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Also the dates you wish to travel and some ideas about the things you are interested in seeing or visiting.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts
    I have been waiting to see if any of the forum members resident in Thailand came up with something before posting an idea myself. Glad I did. This is an amazing offer from Paul.
    Should you not be able to take it up for some reason, I can suggest a stay in a family home in a beautiful mountain valley village near Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand. I have visited it on a day trip so far and intend to go back and stay a few days myself.
    You stay as a guests of a family for B500 per day per person. You are free to go on day trips etc but you can also take part in village life, helping pick Tea, which is one of their main crops.
    More details:

http://www.chiangmai-chiangrai.com/b...e_kampong.html

http://www.tatnews.org/emagazine/2640.asp#1
    Last edited by Khun Don; 28-03-06 at 02:45 PM.

perkash Guest

thanks

Hi Paul & Khun Don,

With a cheerful face i have read the post .
    First of all congratulation Paul, with your intended marriage best wishes.
    Both of you have been a great help till now.
    Paul the proposal about you Monk friend appeal us.
    I shall write you soon a thoroughly mail.

Warm greeting with love and respect,

Perkash.

Thanks
    Hi. Thanks for the congratualtions.
    I look forward to hearing from you again.
    I must warn you that at this stage I cannot guarantee that Phra Boun Savat or Phra Boun Thavee (my two monk friends) will be free when you visit as they are currently comtemplating their future and looking at possible careers. But, they might be and I think if they are not otherwise busy this would be the sort of thing they'd love to do. So I'll let them know and hopefully things will all work out.

Paul

Thread Information