PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Sony cybershot memory stick.
    Thanks

Sony cybershot memory stick.

I am bringing my sony cybershot camera for my 2 week vacation to Bangkok. I have a 1GB memory stick. In case I run out of space & need to purchase another memory stick, where is it available & what would be the cost? Are there any places where I can get my photos transferred to a C.D? Thanks!

Thanks
    I don't know where you can buy a memory stick, but I guess the price would be similar as in western countries. Maybe someone else can help with this part...
    But if I were you, I'd fill the memory stick only up to a maximum of 700MB, so that you can fill one cd. I did it like this when travelling, and I never had any problems. You can transfer the pictures from the memory stick to a cd in most electronics shops. I don't know where in BKK, but I think you'll find these shops almost everywhere.
    Have fun!
    life is wonderful!

Thanks
    many internet shops in tourist areas in Bangkok now offer to download your pics and burn them on cd (they charge 50-70 baht in Chiang Mai, maybe slightly more in Bangkok), it's not difficult to arrange at all.

for photo and computer goods, people are usually referred to Pantip Plaza, also spelt Phantip, they might have an online pricelist available for your reference.

Thanks
    I have a 1GB memory stick in my Sony Camera, but it seems to just have a picture graph of how much memory has been used on the memory stick, I have to guess, using the picture graph when I get to 700 Mb, so I don't know exactly when I have reached 700 MB and some times I go over that amount before I go to burn on CD. That annoys me.
    I wonder if some places burn on DVD and how much that cost, if you go over the 700 Mb limit.

Thanks
    paul_au, try this: check the maximum number of pics your camera can take at the picture size you use and multiply by 0.7 (or 0.65 to be sure)... that will be the number of pics you can take before you reach 700MB. I did it like this and it always fitted on one cd.
    life is wonderful!

Thanks
    getting a laptop will be more easier

Thanks
    Most good photo shops will burn CD's and also have memory sticks. Funnily enough, when I when shopping in MBK for an extra chip for my Canon, there were plenty around but the price wasn't that much different then here in the US.

Same for cameras, you could get them cheaper through the discount chains here than in Bangkok.

Thread Information