PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Why would you stay in Thailand?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Sydney, Australia with regular visits back to Prated Thai to visit the family.
    Thanks

Why would you stay in Thailand?

One balmy night while I was in my bedroom writing letters to my friends back in Australia, I started to ask myself why I should stay in Thailand any longer than I had, which was one year. I had completed the English teaching contracts that my elder brother had brought me in to help him finalise, and I was very home sick. As I pondered this question I heard a motorbike screaming along the road outside our soi. When the rider came into view, he was standing on the bike with his arms outstretched, white shirt flapping in the wind while doing at least 80 klicks. It hit me like a thunder bolt. Yes, that's why I will stay longer, cause of incidents like that. You just don't know quite what will happen from day to day. Sure you can plan things out, but all of a sudden out of the blue you may see your Christ on a bike also. I ended up staying another year teaching at a private language centre in Pahonyotin Road, Bangkhen. Now my wife and I travel back every two years for holidays. That was 17 years ago.

Thanks
    Well just look at it this way.

Everybody got to be somewhere, and this is as easy a place to be as any other..

Thanks
    Good to see another Sydneyan on this web site. Well Thailand is a bit Hot for me to stay there permanently, even Sydney is to hot for me, but it is a total change in life style, with a more basic way of life, the friendly people, and the interesting sights to see which I like about Thailand. Just to bad they don't have the weather they have in Sweden, then Thailand would be perfect.

Sydney, Australia with regular visits back to Prated Thai to visit the family.
    Thanks
    Thai people have an interesting way of dealing with the hot weather. They have a shower and then put on prickly heat powder, which is camphor oil with baby powder. It's quite effective in cooling the body. Sometimes they will cake it on their faces and go for a walk. They all look like french mimes, but without the berets and striped shirts. he he.....

Thanks
    yes i agree, that is definately one of the main reasons i like it, it feels like because everything is a bit more laxed compared to especially here in the uk where rules and regulations rule our lives which really takes quite a bit of fun out of life, i lovee the crazy unreal things that happen that i just wouldnt see at home and always makes me chuckle.

Thanks
    As for me I plan to be born in Thailand in my next life!
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thanks
    Well we managed to stay here by accident. We ran into a woman on Soi Rambutri who runs a language school, she showed us the schools we'd be at and a condo right next to the southern bus term
    Where else can you just walk into a job and house so easily, thats why I like Thailand. That and less regulations, when we return to the UK we want to start a catering business which I know will be frought with red tape and no option of having muu dhum or a korean bbq in site.
    Next month we move to Prachinburi which we are really looking forward to, living somewhere less hectic than BKK where we can integrate a little more andimprove on the smattering of Thai we know.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kroo
    Well we managed to stay here by accident. We ran into a woman on Soi Rambutri who runs a language school, she showed us the schools we'd be at and a condo right next to the southern bus term
    Where else can you just walk into a job and house so easily, thats why I like Thailand. That and less regulations, when we return to the UK we want to start a catering business which I know will be frought with red tape and no option of having muu dhum or a korean bbq in site.
    Next month we move to Prachinburi which we are really looking forward to, living somewhere less hectic than BKK where we can integrate a little more andimprove on the smattering of Thai we know.
    Strongly recommend you do not return to "Blair's Paradise" -anyone with cash and the ability is getting out !!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don
    ....anyone with cash and the ability is getting out!!
    Too true , I'm short on the cash side , but loaded with the ability and one way or another i'm getting out. I no longer wish to live in a glorified shopping mall

Thanks
    Personally, I think "Blair's Paradise" is more like a sheep farm!

Thread Information