PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Met Meng Lak

Thread: Met Meng Lak

Thanks

Gor Gai Met Meng Lak

Received some Met Meng Lak seeds and was wondering what the plant was used for. The only use the wife knows of is the soaking of the seeds in water then eating the resulting "mini frogspawn". Any other uses?

NB: It's interesting that I found reference to the seed at the Smithsonian web site http://www.mnh.si.edu/treasures/fram...lery3_main.htm . It seems it was part of a Thai Royal Gift sent to the US by King Chulalongkorn to celebrate the 1881 changes to the Harris Treaty of 1857.

Thanks
    Khun Peter kaa,

I'd seen your post yesterday, and thinking about what else we are cooking for Met Mang Lak.. (not part of my name) but you give very difficult question, I just asked my mom (needs her genius about cooking) for any other recipe people made with it. She said somebody put it with jelly mixed. So, you might try that one.

Or go to google search for เม็ดแมงลัก, it's thai language for Met Mang Lak.

Enjoy! jaaaaaa

Thanks
    Mang Lak leave is used for topping Kamom jean or Gang pla with sour bamboo or you can make dessert lce/sugar it's tasted good and crunchy too. Mang luk leave has the same flavor as lemon grass but eatable Po tag (sea food soup) or any fish soup the leave will give you noticeable aromatic.

Thanks
    Met Maeng Lak is an herb, providing soluble fiber, using as a mild laxative by having Met Maeng Lak drink before bedtime .

Met Maeng Lak drink:
    Met Maen Lak = 1 table spoon
    Hot water = 1 cup
    Brown sugar
    Ice

Add Met Maeng Lak in hot water, stir and wait until all those seeds swell nicely then add brown sugar as much as you want. Add ice and stir for better taste.

To control weight, you should have this drink 15-30 minutes before starting your meals then you will eat less .

Thread Information