PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Trip to Bangkok and Chiang Mai in May
    Thanks

Trip to Bangkok and Chiang Mai in May

I will be travelling to Bangkok from May 5th to May 13th (spending some of that time in Chiang Mai). I understand that during that time there are 2 public holidays - 05 Friday, Coronation Day and 11 Thursday, Visakha Bucha Day

Does this mean shops (MBK, Siam Square, outdooor markets) and tourist places like Grand Palace and the Temples will be closed?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    All shopping malls and the majority of smaller shops will be open as normal. On Visakha Bucha Day you might find that temples will have a lot of people making merit. They won't be closed. I am not sure if the King goes to the Grand Palace on Coronation Day. Best to do that one on another day. BTW, don't believe people outside the Grand Palace who say it is closed! Go and see for yourself. It is a scam.

Thanks
    Thanks Richard That certainly helps. I am so excited about this trip, I can't risk everything closed while I am there

Thread Information