PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
The in's and out's of buying Land
    Thanks

Looking for some advice on buying land. I know that it has to be in you girlriends or wife's name. What types of land are there in Thailand, do all types have title deeds, do you go through a lawyer as in UK, Can you lease for 30 years to safeguard your investment - The area being considered is Phetchabun know any good lawyer
    or advice buying in this area.

Thanks
    Looking for some advice on buying land. I know that it has to be in you girlriends or wife's name.
    As foreigner you can own the house/condo but not the land.

What types of land are there in Thailand, do all have title deeds, do you go through a lawyer as in UK,
    We don't have escrow service or title ins. so you have to investigate everything yourself. There are many types of ownership but the one you 're looking for is the one with Title deed, before you put in deposit make sure you take copy of seller Title deed have it varified at land recorded dept. if there is lien against it or if it has exit to the road marked clearly

Can you lease for 30 years to safeguard your investment - The area being considered is Phetchabun know any good lawyer
    or advice buying in this area.
    Leasing is the way to go because you can sell and get your money back.

Thanks

Very helpful. Is there a rough price for land as I mentioned looking near Phetchabun

Thanks
    You should ask your Thai friend ask for price and location without you present this way you will get the THAI price then if you like the place then you start bargain for the best price.

Thanks
    The land in question is only 20 metres from family home!! and price mentioned 80,000 bhat. Not sure of size of area

Thanks
    Ray, there is a lot of land for sale 20 meters from a home,,where is the land you are looking at??
    I live in Phetchabun area, 80k is not much money for a piece of land so must be quite small.
    Feel free to email me if you wish.

Thread Information