Thanks

No Problem, just question

Sorry...didn't know where to post this. I was just curious. What does "Marked for Pruning" mean? It's on the Sinsod discussion...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PailinLovesBeam
    Sorry...didn't know where to post this. I was just curious. What does "Marked for Pruning" mean? It's on the Sinsod discussion...
    I was wondering about that to?

Is the subject a little to sensitive for the forum or are you planning to censor the posts?

Thanks
    Excellent question!!! This one is so good I will give a very detailed answer. If I miss anything feel free to edit my post Sawatdee.

Not so much censorship, no. Basically through the forums when various members of staff read and find posts that are exceptionally good posts they mark them as being such and these posts will be placed in line to be reviewed for including on or linking to from other webpages on the same subject.

However when the opposite is found they mark it with a negative icon i.e. marked for pruning. Then it is called upon for the moderators to give more attention to. At some point any thread that is marked as such has offended more than just a few people and was/is considered for removal from public forum.

I think we should be clear that VERY little is censored as we have a very fine community here. However when posts are questionable and removed from public view they are not censored. There is a forum for the 'Valued Member' usergroup (your next promotion Peterg) and this is where they are moved to. If it is a really sensitive or even a heated discussion it would be placed into the 'Deep Discussions' area.

The discussions are rarely closed in this area and as mentioned can get heated. But the key is the members after investing a couple hundreds posts have a better understanding of each other and the posting styles we all have, not to mention the language barrier issues that usually exist. As I am sure you can imagine this greatly prevents threads from getting out of hand and hurting feelings and so on. After hundreds of posts the users know if they enter that area they are likely to be offended easily so most take caution there. But at the same time the discussions can be very interesting going onto much deeper aspects than what often they can go on a public forum without the thread needing to be closed.

Hope this helped to clarify.

Jitwadee Guest
    iGotNoTime explained it well...

It was me who rated that sinsod thread as "marked for pruning" - it's basically a 'red flag' for all mods and admins that this thread needs particular attention.

We usually delete threads whose topic is better suited for certain popular forums outside Paknamweb. However, since this discussion started out remarkably level-headed for what it is, a mark for being potentially out-of-scope was sufficient.

On the other hand, sometimes threads that start with a simple question turn out to be very informative discussions, and then they are marked "Staff Pick", to make them easier to find for Editor's Choice and other similar projects where valuable forum content is needed.

Thread Information