PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
New point of view for me - thank you...
    Thanks

so happy! New point of view for me - thank you...

Hello all,
    I'm new to this forum... but find it's entertaining and relevant to me... as a Thai woman working in a farang company. I have a bunch of farang colleagues who think they know all about Thailand and Bangkok in particular. Sometimes they are right, and sometimes not quite right... I have lots of visitors too... So Do's and Don'ts here really help as some of them I couldn't think of it myself - it's too close to me

Most of the perspectives here are different from my colleagues who are super-paid expat in a global company... they know Sukhumvit very well, restaurants, Bangkok and Phuket 5-star hotels... None of them are living or staying in up-country more than 1 week... So, good for me hearing from you as "outsider-looking-in"

Cheers

Thanks
    Jessica, I'm glad you see some different perspectives! Often I see some Farang and assume they are all the same, but like you, reading descusions on these fourms can show that many people know more than Sukumvit, beaches, and hotels.

Welcome!

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum girl! Just curious... This farang company is in Thailand? I mean you mention you are Thai, I am wondering are you working Thailand? These co-workers are currently in Thailand or you are discussing Thailand as a far away place that that visit from time to time?

Very pleased to have you here and you are welcomed in warmly.

Thanks
    Having, never been a high flying executive of a multi national corporation, I have not wasted my money on 5 star hotels, previously owning my own business, travelling to Japan frequently on business, quite happy to stay in a hole in the wall hotel, I know how to economize, as a dollar saved is a dollar earned. Now I think I should take charge of some of these corporate excesses and give the money back to the share holders, as some of these executives and Farangs are over paid, and just because there got a degree they think they are more capable of running a business than me, well I got news for them, I could quickly train a monkey to do the jobs some of these executives do for a fraction of the price, I can run a lean efficient machine and get ride of the fat.
    About Bangkok, apart from driving through Sukhumvit, I never visited the area, preferring to stay Samrong Samut Prakan.

Thanks
    Welcome JessicaStein!

Glad to hear that your perspectives of farangs my broden a little and it is always great for us to get "insider" info.

I love BKK, it is a great city and world class in it's own right, however, and apologies to Bangkok natives, for me the "real" Thailand and the heart lies outside of the city and farang tourist destinations.
    "It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little." Sydney Smith

May all beings be happy, may all beings have peace.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoTime
    This farang company is in Thailand? I mean you mention you are Thai, I am wondering are you working Thailand? These co-workers are currently in Thailand or you are discussing Thailand as a far away place that that visit from time to time?
    There're lotsa MNC in Thailand... lotsa farangs working in Thailand.... even Asian from Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, etc.
    Normally in the management teams or engineers....

Thanks
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Quite right Bucky... I'm in Bangkok, Thailand, working for a MNC. Needless to say that I have met different kind of farangs. I wish they have seen Thailand as many of members of this forum have seen.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY
    There're lotsa MNC in Thailand.
    I am plenty aware of that but I seen nothing in the post specifying it that was why I had asked. There are plenty of farang in larger cities in the USA that sound the exact same and that was why I was curious. Even more disappointing that these farang live there with so many opportunities to really see and explore beyond Sukhumvit and Pattaya yet that is the extent of their knowledge.

That is one of the key reasons I think Richard's blogs have proven so successful, because he does give reviews on the 4 and 5 star hotels and restuarants, but rather he shows the bungalows and hawker food. The real Thailand not the farang version.

Thread Information