PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Highest mountain in Thailand

so happy! Highest mountain in Thailand

I have a plan to visit the highest peak of as many different countries as I can. I will be in south-east Asia in January and I was hoping you would have some information on the highest peak in Thailand. How tall, where is it and methods of getting to the top?

Thanks
    It's Doi Inthanon in Chiang Mai province, apparently it's 2565 meters high, and there's a road all the way up to the top. Lots of tours go to the summit or you can hire a motorbike yourself and go there. There's supposed to be good views from the top but when I was there it was very misty so it was hard to tell.

Thanks

Gor Gai

I went there in my summer holidays this year. The view from the top was good though it wasn't a very clear day. Like Mike said, transport to the top is easy. I even saw someone cycling up!! A "farang" of course!

Highest point in Thailand: Doi Inthanon 2,565 m

Some of the views from the top

Visit my thailandlife.com site for more pictures:

http://www.thailandlife.com/doiinthanon_01.htm
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thread Information