Thread: Sticky Rice

Thanks

Sticky Rice

At the market yesterday, one of the items on the purchase list was sticky rice. There were 20 or 30 different varieties of rice available but none had the label "sticky rice".

After humming and 55ing awhile we finally decided that premium sweet rice was what we were looking for. Is this in fact "sticky rice" and is it labeled the same way in Thailand?

Thanks
    Yes it can be many times. Also it is called in English gluttonous rice or glutinous rice. By chance (sorry for not knowing) can you read Thai script? It is quite easy to spot if you are looking at the Thai sections of the labels. If so just look for the words 'ข้าวเหนียว'

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoTime
    Yes it can be many times. Also it is called in English gluttonous rice or glutinous rice. By chance (sorry for not knowing) can you read Thai script? It is quite easy to spot if you are looking at the Thai sections of the labels. If so just look for the words 'ข้าวเหนียว'
    Thanks IGT. And sorry to say, I can't read Thai script but then I have the wife.

She prepared the rice we brought last night with custard and mango. Suffice it to say, along with some neighbours we stuffed our self silly. The wife wasn't to happy as the rice I brought was from Japan and was not quite up to Thai standards. Next time I will take a copy of the script you provided and make sure I get Thai

Thanks again.

Thread Information