PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Koh Samet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koh Samet

Thanks

Koh Samet

Hi, i am planning to go for a relaxing beach trip in koh Samet. Planning to stay in a hotel at Diamond beach. Anyone been there before? Care to share some insight on what to do on the island?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Funny you should ask that now as I am about to sit down and write a travel blog on this very subject. I was in Rayong last week. You can read my reviews of the beaches on the mainland here:

http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/conte...ategory/74/49/

The Koh Samet review will be there later. We are also have a new website on the island which we will announce soon.

Thanks
    Hi Richard,

Great timing, I will check out your Samet blog as i will be going there on the
    1st of June. Kind of excited as i seldom really spendmy time in the beach and i will check out the crystal clear water. I wonder is there a temple at the beach as my gf wants to do some praying and donation during her birthday over there.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yes, there is one temple on the island. I didn't go to it on this trip. I have posted the first part of the blog on the site linked above. Part 2 will be posted this weekend.

Thanks
    Many kon Thai say that the food at koh samet is expensive, How expensive is that?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Expensive yes, but still reasonable for Westerners. Many Thais bring their own food and drinks to save money.

Thanks
    Oic, i am a vegetarian , so would it be difficult to get vegetarian food? Any food cook without meat will be ok. How much is a plate of fried rice over there? 100 bhat?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Well, it is an island so you should find plenty of seafood!

For fried rice it depends on what is in it. I didn't have any while there but I guess from 40 baht a plate.

Thanks
    Oh yes, mostly are seafood. hmm 40 bhat a plate sounds ok. 100 bhat a plate is more like hotel prices for westerners. Anyway, i will post it here after i come back.

Thanks

Koh Samet First day

Hi guys,

Today is my first day at koh Samet. I am staying at Diamond Beach in a guest house that cost me 1100 bhat per night.( aircon + cold/hot shower but no TV)

I didn't took a bus from ekamai bus station but i book a bus + boat package ( 1 way) from Kao san road to koh Samet. The bus is not that good and i feel hot as the aircon in the bus is not that good. Later, we found out that we are unlucky enough to get this bus as the aircon is not in good condition as there is no bus left so this one has to come and get us. 2 farang even complain about the aircon which is not working properly.

I reach there about 2pm from 8.30am.

This is my first day and i did not go around much just move around Diamond Beach. The crystal clear water doesn't seems to be that clear to me. and the sand is not much of that so fine, it is fine but not as fine as i have expected like those from Perth beach. I am yet to check out other beaches and i am taking a tour tomorrow that bring me around the island to check out all the 11 beaches with snorkelling,fishing and visiting a fish farm included in the package. ( i would not try the fishing as i dun believe in taking life of an animal)

The concept of the beach: Having fun at the beach with pubs and restaurant along the beach and you can have your meals in the sand, of course with maps and cushion, and enjoy the sea breeze. They have tour package that bring you around not just koh samet but those nearby island too.

For those vegetarians, yes, they have vegetarian menu too and it taste good. I have rice, a plate of tofu with vegetables and a plate of small corn fried with spicy sauce. Single rice dishes is 40-70 bhat and those vegetable dishes is 70 bhat each, some cost more but i didnt't check the whole of the menu and i oly visited one restaurant.

Will tell u more when i am back... cheers..

Thread Information