PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Yard under siege
    Thanks

Yard under siege

It has been raining lightly here most of the day and now at 1500 we are having an invasion of small 6 to 10 inch fish that look like small mouth bass that are leaving our pond and coming thru our yard and it is driving my Thai dog nuts,.
    She will kill any snakes, big lizards or chickens that come inside the chain link into the yard and is having a fit with the fish invasion, I have never seen a fish like them before and they can move faster than the walking catfish that also live in our lake.

But I am having no trouble getting rid of them as my sister in law is collecting them in a bucket for their supper.

Thanks
    It is called Pla Geng simular to catfish's habit when it is raining they are searching for new habitats their grills of both fish are sharp and painful when it's inflicked that why your dog back off on the fish and you have to know how to pick them up and very tasty on deep fry or grill. It is rare to see that activity anymore as the towns grow they start getting disappear. That was one of my joy when I was little went out and collecting the fish in the rain at night. Thank for bringing back the good time memory Faranginphet.

Few year back in Florida state it was a big news on TV. they warned people not to pick up Siam walking catfish durring the rain while they walking across the road looking for the new pond so many people were in emergency from enflicting by catfish I was laughing to see so many people jumping off the way of the catfish I just wish I were there,sure enjoy to get them for deep fry, after that year they start killing off Siam walking catfish claiming it is too dangerous and killing off the native fish by use sharp grills did the damage.
    Sure like to see the pictures of Pla Geng and walking catfish if you have any. Thanks.

Thanks

Thanks
    Yes, I thought of that too, but didn't get the cam. and now they are not doing it today and if it rains today and they start again I will for sure snap a few, The family were all out around the pond gathering them up, But my wife acted surprised when I told her about them coming thru the yard.

Thread Information